Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Madame Helen's School for Fine Stuffed Animals

As I said in my last post, it will surprise no one if Helen becomes a teacher. Yeah, sure, she vigorously denies this possibility herself ("I want to be an ARTIST"), but come on, her favorite game right now is playing school:
Class is in session. She calls them The Children. As in, "The Children are having recess now, so I can brush my teeth."










She works very hard at it, since she has to be both teacher and nine students. 
The subjects are spelling, gymnastics, soccer and drawing.

She has not missed Silas at all this week, by the way. Or claims not to. "Do you like getting all of our attention all to yourself?" I asked as she rode her scooter to the bus. "Yesssss," she answered, cackling a little.

I miss him, though. He'll be home tonight. Then all my chickens will be under my roof.

1 comment:

Erin said...

AH! Those spelling lists are priceless! I remember playing school and getting immediately bored when it came to enacting anything other than recess. That girl's got some focus.