Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Favorites

It's been a week of crazybusy at work, which kind of sucks, but also provides a kind of chemical high, you know? Only today, for reasons that made sense only back in November when I made the appointment, I am taking Helen in for her annual checkup. So in the midst of busyness I have enforced staying-at-homeness. And--it's kind of nice.

My favorite things about staying home on a weekday:

1. It's quiet. The neighbors are all off working, or stashed indoors.

2. It's 9:10, and I'm still in my pajamas. In a little bit I'll go in and have a bath (a bath!)

3. It's bright and sunny.

4. I get to watch what the dog does when we're gone (she sleeps in one spot, then unfolds herself painfully, limps off the couch, and goes and falls asleep in another spot).

5. I don't feel the need to do weekend-y things, like go to the store or clean the bathroom.

Well, that's it. Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I've had a crazybusy week at work too. Thank god for the long weekend.