Monday, March 16, 2009

St Patrick's Day's Volcano

Another lovely weekend.

I did this:













(attended the St. Patrick's Day parade, sans camera);

this:















(some backyard archeology--I'm trying to resurrect the old sprinkler system);

and this:















a great hike up Waterton Canyon. Which Silas kept calling "cannon," as in "Helen, we're going into the cannon now! We're going to get blown up!" Which may have been why Helen kept screaming, "I want to go back to the car right now!" Brothers.

The hike was definitely the best part, though the parade was fun, too. Did you know that Denver has a club devoted solely to some form of antique military vehicle? Me neither. The kids' favorite float was the volcano, spouting real fire and also some sort of sour bile-type liquid that gave me the squeeves, put together by the large and extremely jovial Jimmy Buffet fan club.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oooo. I think I need that book!